Time Drops #25: Week Of July 17, 2023

    

Article by Sean Wilkinson,
a.k.a. The Ticketmaster

Just about everything is good news this week.
My father had a successful heart valve replacement in Seattle, and made it back home without incident. He did have a seizure at home, but no "aftershocks" in the emergency room like he has before, so he was released after overnight observation. His cognition, energy, and physical condition seem to have improved since the heart procedure, as well; which is a challenge because he feels like he can be Superman even though he's 79 and still has surgical incisions to heal from and several weeks of therapy ahead of him.
As for myself, I have been running a simulated bicycle business for the past month, and managed to make a major recovery from an awful fifth quarter of business. I made the mistake of pouring too many resources into my weakest brand, which led to short-stock penalties, diluted the favorability of my other brands, put the company in major debt, and tanked my earnings per share into the negative. But in my sixth and final quarter of business, I paid more attention to the market, played to my company's strengths, put my funds in the right places (including saving money for the first time in a "year" and paying back some of the company's liabilities), and ended up with my company as a dominant player, fulfilling demand, skyrocketing back into the black, and quintupling earnings per share.
There are some issues with navigating the interface in the late game (inefficient backlinks are the main complaint I had in the last two quarters), and the simulation can't really evaluate the effectiveness of user-generated brand names (you could probably call your company Shitcycle Farting Company and sell a mountain bike named after the C-Word, and if you otherwise make the right business decisions according to the simulation's parameters, you can still finish the program with a multi-million-dollar, first-rank business), but I learned a lot from the Marketplace Business Simulation, and had a ton of fun along the way, so I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to learn business fundamentals in a hands-on way.

Remember to like and comment at the bottom of this post, Become A Ticketholder, help out my ad revenue as you read, and check out my social media at the links below to keep up with the latest news on my content and calendars thereof.
Here it is:
  • Monday (July 17) - Dragon Blog Super #18: What If Gohan Became Great Saiyaman Early? (Reddit Pitch) - My own original concept, with some new Photoshopped banner art.
  • Tuesday (July 18) - Ticket Stubs #54: National Treasure & Lord Of War (Nic Cage Double-Feature)
  • Wednesday (July 19) - GFT Retrospective #56: Swimsuit Edition 2010
  • Thursday (July 20) - TBT 2023: Hidden 3D & ZMD: Zombies Of Mass Destruction (on TumblrRedditFacebook, and Twitter)
  • Saturday (July 22) - Time Drops #26: Week Of July 24, 2023
As always, here is my wish list of the stuff that I want to get into this year (no dates):
  • 65 (Million, B.C.)
  • Cocaine Bear
  • Crawl
  • Ready Or Not
  • Creed I-III
  • Children Of the Corn (All ten! I mean, eleven!)
  • Everything, Everywhere, All At Once
  • John Wick Chapter 1-4
  • Magic Mike's Last Dance
  • Tetris
  • Glass Onion
  • Nobody
  • Nightmare Alley
  • Last Night In Soho
  • Pig
  • Nope
  • X
  • Fear Street
  • Smile
  • See How They Run
  • Cyrano
  • RWBY: Volume 9
  • Super Mario Bros. Movie
  • The Princess
  • "What If GOKU Was NEVER BORN?" (Generations Saga, Odyssey Arc)
    • Ticketmaster's Note: Work continues! There will be a Part II!
In the meantime, Stay Tuned for some more blog streamlining and patriotic Ticket Stubs in July, remember to like, comment, subscribe, join, follow, click up my ad revenue, and answer all those calls to action that you know so well.

Ticketmaster,
Out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zenescope - Omnibusted #18: Tales From Wonderland

One Piece Multi-Piece #7: Impel Down

Just the Ticket #142: Alien Resurrection