Dragon Blog Z #18: What If Gohan Became Great Saiyaman Early?

Article by Sean Wilkinson,
a.k.a. A MasakoX fan

Hello, Ticketholders and Redditors!
Before we begin, please remember to like and comment down below, Become A Ticketholder, and follow me on TumblrReddit, and Facebook for the latest news on my content.

And it is actually my content this time; not a response to someone else's Dragon Ball What If? on the MasakoX subreddit. Though I was inspired to come up with the concept for today's showcase while listening to MasakoX's "What If the Ginyu Force Turned Good?" story on YouTube.
There isn't a ton of detail to what I came up with, but I'd like to see Masako do something with it, and maybe flesh out my own concept in the future. Also, shoutout to Devonsterling123456 for being my only commenter on the topic, who agreed that it would be a fun idea to explore.

As I do with these Reddit showcase posts, here is the content of my original submission:
I'm watching the Ginyu Force What If, and thought about there not being a Great Saiyaman in the future timeline. So if Gohan had been more into fighting after Namek, he'd start his double life early, getting a costume from Bulma so he could study and sneak out of the house to fight crime, with Trunks becoming his sidekick later on. The future happens much the same as in the History of Trunks special, but Trunks dies, leaving a dark, broody Saiyaman to travel back in time and warn everyone. The costume adds a layer of identity protection and comedy, and plenty of opportunities for comic book references. Plus something impactful for Piccolo to do.

 I imagine Piccolo would have also died in the Future timeline, inspiring Gohan to model his Great Saiyaman costume as I recolored it for the banner above, and he'd adopt a deeper, Batman-esque voice, as opposed to the cheesy, Golden Age hero voice he used in the original.

That's all I have for you this time, so we aren't too far from the top where I remind you to do all those social media actions that I haven't seen you do yet.

Seriously, Become A Ticketholder already! If you have to copy your comments from social media onto Blogger, please do so! The last five weeks of this column have been me doing exactly that; it's not that hard. In fact, it's

It's not like it's one of those Touch Of A Button situations....

Illustrious,
Owl.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zenescope - Omnibusted #18: Tales From Wonderland

One Piece Multi-Piece #7: Impel Down

Just the Ticket #142: Alien Resurrection