Dragon Blog Z #15: What If the Future Androids Turned Good?

Article by Sean Wilkinson,
a.k.a. a MasakoX Fan.
As explained in this week's Time Drops post, this will be a full series eventually, but I'm just releasing it here as AniMonday Filler in sort of an idea pitch/comment showcase format to give myself more time to work on the Odyssey Arc, Retrospective and Omnibusted editing, and academia.
So in the meantime, please remember to like and comment down below, subscribe to my blog, and follow me on TumblrReddit, and Facebook for the latest news on my content.

Credit to the following post by TheMultiBrony21 on the MasakoX subreddit:

Something I've been curious about is: What if the future versions of 17 and 18 turned good?

I'm a huge fan of the Androids and have wondered how the story would have gone had they turned good (I kinda see good versions of the Future Androids helping rebuild as well as also forming a sort of new Z Fighter Team). Unfortunately, because I'm terrible at giving villains redemption arcs, I usually go through them fast since I mainly prefer to go through how the story could go if they turned good. Part of the problem is that the ideas I have involve Future Trunks sparing them after defeating them upon his return, only killing Future Cell, or the Androids turning good prior to Future Trunks time traveling, but both have issues that I'm not very good at figuring out.

And my off-the-cuff response was as follows:
Cell finds the Androids right when Trunks returns to the Future, and 17 gets absorbed, but Trunks knocks 18 out of the way.
It's so he doesn't have to fight Perfect Cell, but 18 is confused by him saving her. She watches from some rubble as Trunks defeats Semi-Perfect Cell, and is frightened that she could be next, no longer confident that she could kill Trunks. So she pleads with him to spare her, and Trunks, recalling Krillin's mercy in the other timeline, does so.
18 asks about her brother, and Trunks tells her that if she promises to help him restore the Earth, and not kill any more innocent people, he will wish back 17. So, it's an odd couple space road trip to New Namek to use their Dragon Balls. And a surreal opportunity to ship Trunks and 18 (she eventually tires of the designation and asks to be called Lazuli).
Gohan's brain is gonna break when they get back to Earth!

See? I said I have some wacky ideas for this concept! Do you think you'd like to see this continue at some point? Let me know in the comments down below, and Stay Tuned for another Reddit Original next week. Wednesday, another returning Zenescope favorite gets the Omnibusted Retrospective treatment.
Enjoy as always, and

MasakoX Fan,
Out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zenescope - Omnibusted #18: Tales From Wonderland

One Piece Multi-Piece #7: Impel Down

Just the Ticket #142: Alien Resurrection