NPO #27: Ten Favorite Horror Movie Deaths

Article by Sean Wilkinson,
a.k.a. Horror Timelines fan.

I like horror movies, Ticketholders!
And I have recently become a fan of Josh Speigel's Horror Timelines channel on YouTube. He also does movie series continuity videos for comedy, action, and sci-fi films, as well as Dead Last ranking videos and other top ten/list of ten videos, and has recently become known for his massive 80s Project series, wherein he covers and rates every sci-fi and horror movie from the eponymous decade (including some meme shorts where he dons Dustin Ferguson-quality old man makeup to fake-announce the 90s Project and the 2000s Project).

Today, Josh dropped a video requesting suggestions for a potential Dead Last list of horror movie deaths, so I thought I would take a crack at it, coming up with my own list of ten favorite horror movie deaths. I and all contributors have also been asked to rank those deaths.
It was hard to rank these as being "better" or more favored than one another, so I just went by which ones I remembered more immediately. If I gave myself time to think about it, other horror movie kills would have been on this list, so don't take offense if your favorite death isn't on here.

Also, Josh's Dead Last series usually works on golf rules because list placement equals points (First Place gets one point, Dead Last gets eight to thirteen points, depending on how many movies/looks/characters/deaths/etc. are being ranked in the video), but this ranking works backwards, so the more points, the more favored the death.

Before I get into the list, please remember to comment at the bottom of this post, Become A Ticketholder if you haven't already, help out my ad revenue as you read, and follow me on TumblrReddit, and Facebook to like and get the latest news on my content.

My list is as follows:

10. Hatchet III: Abbott McMullen (Sid Haig) gets curb-stomped by Victor Crowley.
9.  The Retaliators: Ram Kady (Joey Gatt) learns what the end of Fargo feels like.
8.  Final Destination 2: The logging truck disaster.
7.  Scream: Drew Barrymore is not the final girl.
6.  Friday the 13th - The New Blood: the sleeping bag kill.
5.  Freddy VS Jason: A bed is legally a sandwich in Springwood.
4.  SAW V: Strahm (Scott Patterson) is crushed to learn Hoffman's secret.
3.  Cult Of Chucky: Claire (Grace Lynn Kung) learns that breaking the glass ceiling isn't all it's cracked up to be.
2.  A Nightmare On Elm Street: Glen (Johnny Depp) stars in Death Bed - The Bed that Eats.
1.  Urban Legend: the hanged man kill.

"And there you have it!" - Josh Spiegel

Discourse is important, and more rare than you realize, so leave your impressions of my list (or your own lists/suggestions) in the comments at the bottom of this post, Become A Ticketholder if you haven't already, and follow me on TumblrReddit, and Facebook to like and get the latest news on my content.

Ticketmaster,
Out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zenescope - Omnibusted #18: Tales From Wonderland

One Piece Multi-Piece #7: Impel Down

Just the Ticket #142: Alien Resurrection