Just the Ticket #35: I Don't Know Why She Still Thinks She Can Do It

Wow! Six days of review posts in a row and 400 page views for Just the Ticket. Thanks, faithful readers! Well, I said back in Dead Parade #8 that the first One A Day series would be only five issues, and even though I'm deciding to make this my sixth day in a row, I'm sticking to the five issue thing and simply making this the 35th issue of Just the Ticket. I don't know why I'm still doing this six days in a row, and I don't know why Sarah Jessica Parker (whose name comes out of my mouth as Sarraca Parker half the time) still thinks Sex And the City is cool.

In I Don't Know How She Does It, Sarraca plays Kate Reddy (For Anything), a supermom/yes-woman who spends most of her free time narrating her life while sitting at a computer, surrounds herself with a redheaded best friend (Mad Men's Christina Hendricks) and two bitches (Busy Phillips and Fairly Legal's Sarah Shahi), and has two men in her life with sexual innuendos for names: Mr. Big, step aside for husband Dick Reddy (Greg Kinnear) and business partner Jack Abelhammer (Pierce Brosnan, all-around Matador and worst Bond ever). Does it sound to anyone else like Sarraca is stuck in Carrie Bradshaw mode? Good to know I'm not alone.
That being said, she does what she does well enough (looking pretty and crashing around New York like a drunk bumble bee on crystal meth). And that being said, this movie would have been completely humorless if not for the cynical, lobotomized normalcy that Olivia Munn (Magic Mike) brought to this bland abuse of sunshine. She is the concentrated embodiment of every customer who has ever come face-to-face with a Stepford Salesperson and survived, but not without cracks in her armor, and she can deliver on a deadpan laugh with the best of them.
God, I can't believe I just attributed any measure of depth to this piece of crap. I Don't Know How She Does It is shallower than a grasshopper's urinal and twice as stagnant. If you own this movie, I suggest that you get a refund and make the world a better place.
F

Stay tuned for the sequels, I Still Don't Know How She Does It, and I'll Alway's Not Know How She Does It, coming to DVD and Blu-Ray this fall. Just kidding!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zenescope - Omnibusted #18: Tales From Wonderland

One Piece Multi-Piece #7: Impel Down

Just the Ticket #142: Alien Resurrection