Time Drops #55: Week of June 2, 2024

Article by Sean Wilkinson,
a.k.a. the Ticketmaster

Welcome to the week to come, Ticketholders!
I'm a bit behind getting this edited and put out, purely for momentum reasons. But with the momentum I have in other areas right now (a decent--if incomplete from an OCD perspective--portfolio and the beginnings of a solid resume, as well as a slightly improved work schedule over the week that gave me such a scare), I feel like June (which I will call Jurassic Joy Ride June for soon-to-be-apparent reasons) has the potential to be another banger of a month.
The financial pressures are still there, and I will still be working on finding secondary or alternative employment going forward, but as someone on LinkedIn recently said, optimism isn't enthusiastically denying that something is wrong so everyone feels better, it's acknowledging problems and approaching them with a bright outlook on the future. So, I will do what I need to, make time to do what I want to, and I have the passion to work it all out. Let's go!

Speaking of optimism, I fully believe that, had I kept the last week of Midnight Run May-hem a full week of content, I could have crossed that twenty thousand view threshold for a second month in a row, even with The Algorithm not thinking my choice of content was as popular as Alien and One Piece, and even accounting for my "You're not getting The 40 Year Old Virgin or Star Wars this month, so prepare for disappointment!" marketing choices.
You're still awesome, Ticketholders! Especially since you helped me get to another month of over fifteen thousand views, with the final total for May depicted in the image below.
Keep it up, and keep being you!

I'd also like to note another cool fact about my analytics: Last year, I celebrated crossing the all-time view threshold of one hundred thousand with an August review of Stay Tuned. As you can also see above, I am quite close to doubling that in under a year. Think about that! Just by applying a few new strategies that I learned in the WGU Marketing program, I'm set to double my eleven-year all-time viewership in less than a year....

As usual, I will keep up the year-in-content list at the end of these posts going forward, in addition to these weekly announcements. So please read beyond the weekly content calendar for more information on the year to come, and remember to comment at the bottom of this post, Become A Ticketholder because I know you haven't already, help out my ad revenue as you read, and follow me on social media at the links below to like what you see and to receive the latest news on my content and calendars thereof.
Here it is:
  • Monday (June 3) - Anime Spotlight #33: Metallic Rouge
  • Wednesday (June 5) - GFT Retrospective #65: The Grateful Beasts
  • Thursday (June 6) - TBT Anniversary (on TumblrRedditFacebook, and LinkedIn): Summer 2005 Quickies
  • Friday (June 7) Just the Ticket #145: Prehysteria!
  • Saturday (June 8) - Time Drops #56: Week of June 9, 2024
Ticketmaster's Note: The thirty-fourth edition of the Anime Spotlight (next week, topic undecided) will also be my six-hundredth published post on Blogger!

In addition to the List Lookback that I announced in NPO #28, here's what I have definitively scheduled--pending any unforeseen circumstances (like deaths, compromised transportation, financial complications, etc.)--for the year so far (updates pending in future Time Drops as I make more decisions):
  • Weekly Regulars:
    • GFT Retrospective Zenescope - Omnibusted
    • DB What Ifs / Anime Spotlight One Piece Multi-Piece
    • TBT Anniversary
  • Thursday, July 25 - Ticket Stubs: Sideways (comparative)
  • Wednesday, September 4 (Jason David Frank's birthday) - Just the Ticket: Legend Of the White Dragon
  • Thursday, November 28 - Ticket Stubs: House Of Wax (comparative)
  • R.L. Stine October (Viewer Beware!):
    • Just the Ticket: Fear Street Trilogy
    • Stay Tuned: Goosebumps Classic
    • Stay Tuned: Goosebumps Disney+
    • Just the Ticket: Goosebumps Double-Feature (Halloween)
  • Thanksgiving - Just the Ticket: Thanksgiving
  • Christmas - Just the Ticket: Maniac Cop Trilogy
I would like to get Zenescope's blessing first, but I'm considering compiling my GFT Retrospective reviews so far into an e-book form. Let me know what you think about this idea down below.

Ticketmaster,
Out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Piece Multi-Piece #7: Impel Down

Zenescope - Omnibusted #18: Tales From Wonderland

Time Drops #49: Week of April 21, 2024