Time Drops #41: Week of February 25, 2024

 

Article by Sean Wilkinson,
a.k.a. the Ticketmaster

Greetings, Ticketholders!
My employer is cutting back on hours again this week because rich people like money and poor people...don't? Also, I'm late getting this out because I had to get up at four o'clock this morning to get the house ready to receive a new dryer and refrigerator at 7am, only for the driver to not show up until 8:30, drop our fridge in the street, lie to us about the parts we bought not being on the truck, pick the stupidest possible way to try to get the fridge through a doorway that it barely fit through, took our pantry door off without asking us, refused to reverse the refrigerator doors without wasting half an hour on the phone with his boss to get approval because "they could only be there for fifteen minutes," stole a gallon of milk that we left in our old refrigerator, told my mother to "let us do our jobs" when she told them to take the refrigerator doors off so it would fit through the doorway, lied to his boss about how we were "not letting him leave" and "getting in our way," and threatened multiple times to drive off and leave the refrigerator sitting, undelivered in the middle of our kitchen. So to get our fridge and dryer delivered properly, it took the driver's boss showing up at our house and  a young, ESL trainee, at eleven o'clock, doing what he could have just done by himself without incident four hours earlier. So, yeah; I'm fucking tired! And I'm going with Home Depot from now on because Lowes and their third-party delivery bullshit have fucked us over on our last two appliance orders.
And my father might have metastatic colon cancer!
But the good news is that I got my Marketing capstone presentation submitted to WGU on Friday, so I can move on to filing my taxes and writing content for March.
Also, I went to use my free coffee gift card, and a customer from the grocery store paid for my order!
If only the coming week's schedule was as packed as the last two days....

So that we can all stay apprised of my head start, I will keep the year-in-content list at the end of these posts going forward, in addition to the usual, weekly announcement. So please read beyond the weekly content calendar for more information on the year to come, and share the love by remembering to comment your true feelings at the bottom of this post, Become A Ticketholder because I know you haven't already, help out my ad revenue as you read, and choo-choo-choose me on social media at the links below to like what you see and to receive the latest heart-shaped boxes of news on my content and calendars thereof.
Here it is:
  • Monday (February 26) - Anime Spotlight #28: Love Flops
  • Tuesday (February 27) - February Madness: Women In Song (The Finals) Poll on Tumblr.
  • Thursday (February 29) - TBT Anniversary (on TumblrRedditFacebook, and LinkedIn)The Woodsman
  • Saturday (March 2) - Time Drops #42: Week of March 3, 2024
In addition to the List Lookback that I announced in NPO #28, here's what I have definitively scheduled--pending any unforeseen circumstances (like deaths, compromised transportation, financial complications, etc.)--for the year so far (updates pending in future Time Drops as I make more decisions)
  • Weekly Regulars (post-March):
    • GFT Retrospective Zenescope - Omnibusted
    • DB What Ifs
    • NPO Old Essays (post-April)
    • TBT Anniversary
  • Thursday, July 25 - Ticket Stubs: Sideways (comparative)
  • Wednesday, September 4 (Jason David Frank's birthday) - Just the Ticket: Legend Of the White Dragon
  • Thursday, November 28 - Ticket Stubs: House Of Wax (comparative)
  • Monday, March 18 - Anime Spotlight: Black Clover (After St. Patrick's Day)
  • Friday, March 29 - Just the Ticket: 65
  • Sunday, March 31 - Just the Ticket: Bunnyman Trilogy (Easter Sunday)
  • Monday, April 1 - Dragon Blog Z: What If the Buu Saga Didn’t Happen? (This is real!)
  • R.L. Stine October (Viewer Beware!):
    • Just the Ticket: Fear Street Trilogy
    • Stay Tuned: Goosebumps Classic
    • Stay Tuned: Goosebumps Disney+
    • Just the Ticket: Goosebumps Double-Feature (Halloween)
  • Thanksgiving - Just the Ticket: Thanksgiving
  • Christmas - Just the Ticket: Maniac Cop Trilogy
I would like to get Zenescope's blessing first, but I'm considering compiling my GFT Retrospective reviews so far into an e-book form. Let me know what you think about this idea down below.

Ticketmaster,
Out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zenescope - Omnibusted #18: Tales From Wonderland

One Piece Multi-Piece #7: Impel Down

Just the Ticket #142: Alien Resurrection