Anime Spotlight #28: Love Flops

Article by Sean Wilkinson,
a.k.a. the Animeister,
Closing out the Month Of Love.

I said last week that I was going to keep the Incredibles 2 review short because I didn't have much to say, and I ended up having more to say than I expected. Today, I'm going to try harder to keep that promise because the Anime up for review in the Spotlight this week is absolute unicorn garbage in the best way possible, and that impression hinges on a twist that, like Jak-Jak's powers, is a grab-bag of insanity worth experiencing for yourselves.

So before we begin, and for the last time with all of the Valentine's Day references, puns, and memes, please share the love by remembering to Become A Ticketholder if you haven't already, comment your true feelings at the bottom of this post, help out my ad revenue as you read, and choo-choo-choose me on TumblrRedditFacebook, and LinkedIn to like what you see and receive the latest heart-shaped boxes of news on my content.

Love Flops
 is a (so far) twelve-episode harem anime based on a manga by...Love Flops Project? and illustrated by RyĆ«dai Ishizaka. Aside from taking place in an overly AI-reliant world, it is the most perverted, dated, cliche'd harem anime in my recent memory, right down to the hair color tropes, constant ABC rule-breaking in the first episode, and the girls all suddenly being able to live in the same house as the boring boy with dark hair who they all want to FMK because he was nice to them once and a harem anime needs to happen. Since I'm keeping this brief, I won't list off every first episode encounter, but after being shown an unusual fortune by an AI on his television, Asahi Kashiwagi inadvertently steals the undergarments of two girls, takes a Videl meme to the face, has a girl think she gave him an erection (for the first time in visual media history, it really was just a banana in his pocket), and gets sodomized by a horny dog on the way to school, where most of the girls he accidentally groped are his new classmates and one is his teacher. Several OVA-style trope episodes and "bland-kun makes one girl fall in love with him by being nice" episodes ensue (including a couple of totally bizarre...dates?...that would make Date A Live jealous) before the big twist reveal (that Mother's Basement spoiled for me, but the presentation and buildup of it was still one hell of a mind-banana to watch). I still have four episodes of the dub to wait for at the time of this writing, but if you can get through six-and-a-half episodes of absolute horndog unicorn trash, the twist is totally worth the wait. Hopefully the fallout will be just as good, and Love doesn't Flop.

I said above that that call to action would be the last time I did the Valentine's stuff this year, and I kept my Vow Of Brevity, so I won't be a slasher franchise's "final chapter" and repeat myself here.

Hopefully I am done with college by now and I can invest more time into content creation, so Stay Tuned for what comes next.

Animeister,
Out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zenescope - Omnibusted #18: Tales From Wonderland

One Piece Multi-Piece #7: Impel Down

Just the Ticket #142: Alien Resurrection