Time Drops #10: Week Of April 2, 2023

 

Article by Sean Wilkinson,
a.k.a. The Ticketmaster

Yesterday was fun, huh?
That's totally sarcastic because I worked all day. And I don't mean the usual, "I worked a shift that consumed the most productive part of my day" complaint that I have. I'm not even talking about it being April Fools Day, because that made my day actually fun. I'm talking about the kind of sarcastic-fantastic, "I worked all day" that happens when a lazy, "overwhelmed" man-child calls in "sick" thirty minutes before his shift, and I'm the only "option" to cover for him. I mean, I like money, and I'm supposed to be exploring my potential for positivity, tact, empathy, and emotionally intelligent situational flexibility, but the dude lost us hundreds of dollars in potential sales over the week and made it so I have to hunt-and-peck this post out on my phone while I'm flat on my back in bed and thinking about beer instead of sitting in a chair at a computer and not thinking about beer. So for the moment, and for the sake of my sobriety, emotional intelligence and that workaphobic, hipster nutsack can take turns biting my shiny, metal ass. Successful insertion of Futurama reference here! Unfortunate phrasing!
No, this isn't another troll post (though it's still April 1st as I'm writing this so maybe...?). And no, not everything I put in that was fake. I would like to do a Children Of the Corn series review this year (ten movies!), the "Touch Of A Button" and "Hang In There, Baby" articles will happen soon (maybe only one this week, though), and there will be something for Dragon Blog Super. The rest was just memes, parodies, and word ambrosia salad. So here's the real content schedule for the coming week:
  • Monday (April 3) - Dragon Blog Super #12: The Full Recap (Plus Preview!)
  • Tuesday (April 4) - NPO #22: Hang In There, Baby!
  • Wednesday (April 5) - GFT Retrospective #44: Dante's Inferno (Prelude)
  • Thursday (April 6) - TBT 2023: Carnage (on TumblrReddit, and Facebook)
  • Friday (April 7) - Just the Ticket #123: Knock At the Cabin
  • Sunday (April 9) - Time Drops #11: Week Of April 10, 2023
Here again is my wish list of the stuff that I want to get into this year (no dates), with a few new additions:
  • Scream 6
  • 65 (Million, B.C.)
  • Cocaine Bear
  • Crawl
  • Ready Or Not
  • Creed I-III
  • Children Of the Corn (All ten!)
  • Everything, Everywhere, All At Once
  • John Wick Chapter 1-4
  • Magic Mike's Last Dance
  • Tetris
  • Glass Onion
  • Nobody
  • Nightmare Alley
  • Last Night In Soho
  • Pig
  • Nope
  • X
  • Fear Street
  • Smile
  • See How They Run
  • Cyrano
  • Winnie the Pooh: Blood & Honey
  • RWBY: Volume 9
  • "What If GOKU Was NEVER BORN?" (filler episode adaptations, Super Hero, and space adventures).
  • Broly and Super Hero Anime Spotlight
  • Natsume's Book Of Friends Anime Spotlight
So, yeah; there's a long list of movies I missed out on while I was doing more than think about much stronger things than beer. Progress is stalled on my "What If GOKU Was NEVER BORN?" story, which is why I'm doing a recap post this week instead (and probably returning to the Anime Spotlight the week after).
In the meantime, remember to like, comment, subscribe, join, follow, click up my ad revenue, and answer all those calls to action that you know so well.

Ticketmaster,
New Term,
Who dis?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zenescope - Omnibusted #18: Tales From Wonderland

One Piece Multi-Piece #7: Impel Down

Just the Ticket #142: Alien Resurrection