NPO #20: Why I Liked Reading Dean Koontz Novels

Article by Sean Wilkinson,
a.k.a. One Dean Koontz fan.

I miss reading. I haven't touched a physical book in over five years, and I haven't read a properly edited digital book in months, unless you count my fanfiction blog posts, which is both a stretch and an ego flex. Maybe I'll go back to my Kindle app when this whole school thing is behind me. This sort of fits my "twisted love" theme for the month of February, I needed a retro thing to post this week, and I published this post exactly eleven years ago on a side-blog that I no longer post to, so let's take a look back at

Piece Offerings #15: Why I Like Reading Dean Koontz Novels
FROM July 22, 2011 OR February 20, 2012 (Blogger Date): Dean Koontz writes the strangest things in the most deadpan, matter-of-fact tone.
Case in point, the following excerpt from The Good Guy, page 41:

"Linda, the reason I'm here--"
"Come along. I'm working in the kitchen." Leading him across the living room, she said over her shoulder, "Max assured me you're not the type to stab me in the back and rape my corpse."
"I ask him to vouch for me, and that's what he tells you?"
As he followed her along a hallway, she said, 'He told me you were a talented mason and an honest man. I had to squeeze the rest out of him. He really didn't want to commit to an opinion of your possible homicidal and necrophillic tendencies."
A car was parked in the kitchen.

All I could think before reading any further was "WTF? Oh, OK. Wow!"
Then a car drove through my kitchen.
Ticketmaster,
Out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zenescope - Omnibusted #18: Tales From Wonderland

One Piece Multi-Piece #7: Impel Down

Just the Ticket #142: Alien Resurrection