State Of the TicketVerse Address 2023

Article by Sean Wilkinson,
a.k.a. The Ticketmaster

2023 has been a mixed bag of blessings and curses.

First, the worst, as the old, elementary school ranking mnemonic goes: between my mother's shoulder surgery and colonoscopy, my father's multiple seizures and heart surgery, our multiple medical bills from such incidents, my continued repayment of my ambulance bill and gambling debt that I mentioned in last year's State Of the TicketVerse Address, our car breaking down and having to be donated, work in the food service industry continuing its increasing trend of suckitude, and the death of my pet parrot, brother, and friend, Doodle, I've...been presented with many opportunities to strengthen and mature myself, to put these negatives in a positive light.
On the less important side of things, I got banned from posting on several subreddits because their rules are weird and strict, I found out that Twitter (which I refuse to acknowledge as X) was still a sleaze pit, I failed to catch up with most of the movies on my Watch & Review List that I put at the end of every issue of Time Drops (a new, content calendar-style post that I started this year), and I unfortunately subjected myself to the entire Children Of the Corn movie franchise (including the short film and the original story). I am reluctant to do anything so torturous again.

Second, the best: In addition to handling most of the above adversities like a champ, I did a personally impressive amount of literal and metaphorical housekeeping this year, getting rid of a near-ton of junk and yard waste, coming very close to streamlining all of my blog content into one place (there are about four old reviews left in the SW@ Ticket Archive that I need to figure out what to do with them going forward), and investing in cloud storage in case my physical drive decides to crash....
I am in the middle of my final term at WGU (I'd like to go for a higher degree, but the major switch ate up most of my credit allotment for financial aid eligibility, and I'm locked in to a pretty good repayment plan that I don't want to mess up), and not only is the Marketing coursework providing solid practical uses, but one of the courses (Business Simulation) was actually fun (and gave me a better understanding of Accounting than any of the courses for that major)! On top of that, I finally got through the course that I was dreading most (Values-Based Leadership, wherein I had to use my personal values to pretend to be the opposite of myself and deliver a filmed presentation on how to be good at teamwork that included a personal story about how I almost lost my now-deceased parrot when I was a kid, so, yeah; I don't have to do that again...).
As for the blog, that practical application of Marketing I was talking about led to the creation of the Time Drops post, a complete redesign of Just the Ticket to include column-based tags, an archive menu, and a functioning follow button that you should click to Become A Ticketholder if you haven't already, banner images, bylines, and integrated calls to please comment at the bottom of this post, help out my ad revenue as you read, and follow me on TumblrRedditFacebook, and LinkedIn to like what you see and receive the latest news on my content.
That, aided by a more regular posting schedule, the TBT 2023 event, cross-platform promotion at the above-mentioned social media sites, and paid promotion from BlogPros, led to me having an even better year of analytics than I did when I began posting on Blogger in 2012.
Which brings me to the milestones:
  • One hundred thousand all-time views,
  • Two to five thousand views per month,
  • Hundreds of views per day,
  • Over five hundred posts all-time,
  • And four new badges on Tumblr:
    • Two-Year Anniversary,
    • One Hundred posts,
    • Two-Hundred-Fifty posts, and
    • Fifty total Likes.
Thank you to everyone who made 2023 such a productive year!

I have a few ideas that I'm workshopping for holiday specials in 2024, but expect the GFT Retrospective, Zenescope - OmnibustedDragon Blog Super, TBT pushes, and NPO to make a return.

I hope 2023 was a great year for you as well!

Ticketmaster,
Hoping not to drop the ball....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zenescope - Omnibusted #18: Tales From Wonderland

One Piece Multi-Piece #7: Impel Down

Just the Ticket #142: Alien Resurrection