The Mashup Issue #3: H to the Izzyou, G to the Izzo, and the Machine

Yo, yo, yo. Tickets to Stubs, and I ain't done. I got Mashup issues, and the mix ain't one. Hit me.
If my confusing post title and my pathetic attempt at acting gangsta are any indication, the latest mashup I'm going to share with you features "99 Problems" by Jay-Z.
But as I learned during the end credits of Fright Night (the Colin Farrell remake), Young HOVA isn't the only one with "99 Problems." A band called HUGO did a cover of Jay's hit song, and I liked it so much that I began thinking of ways to combine the two. The HUGO version didn't accommodate Jay's rap very well, so I looked at other "99 Problems" remixes on YouTube, and I got the idea to incorporate Florence + the Machine's "The Dog Days Are Over" as the glue for the track. This is what came out of it:
And here's the link for it, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thv8tvi_bZ4

Thanks for reading, and watching, and listening. Stay tuned and 'Tubed for more characters, reviews, and remixes.

The blog post is HOVA,
the blog post is done,
I'm DJ Timedrop,
and I gotta run.

Goodnight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zenescope - Omnibusted #18: Tales From Wonderland

One Piece Multi-Piece #7: Impel Down

Just the Ticket #142: Alien Resurrection